- Finding “White Space” Around Wal-Mart: The Case of Wegmans’ and Save-A-Lot
- The Wal-Martization of the Food Industry – Wal-Mart
- Biofuels in Pacific Northwest – Technical Holdings, Inc.
- Farm Labor Supply and Demand – Implications for the Future of Northwest Agribusiness – Stemilt Growers & Gebbers Farms
- Generational Transfer of a Family Agribusiness – Sakuma Brothers Farms
- Organic Berry Production and Processing – Cascadian Farms, Inc. & Sakuma Bros. Farms
Patrick Moore, University of British Columbia and Co-Founder of Greenpeace reviewed the scientific evidence underlying the current popular environmental arguments and shared his views on Environmentalism for the 21st Century.
Dr. Roland-Holst, Adjunct Professor and Director of the Rural Development Research Consortium, University of California, Berkeley and James Irvine Professor of Economics, Mills College discussed China’s agricultural development and the implications on our agricultural industries.
James W. Paulsen, Ph.D – Chief Investment Strategist, Wells Capital Management, Wells Fargo & Company presented a U.S. economic outlook.